2007 October Minutes

 

Flower

Present: Councillors Miss Bransfield (Chairman); Miss Chesher-Brazier, J Inchley and Mrs E O'Reilly.

Also Present: Roy Wade (Clerk to the Council)
 
21. MINUTES
The Minutes of the meeting held on 30 July 2007 were approved and signed by the Chairman.
 
22. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Ms Shingleton.
 
23. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None were made.
 
24. REPORT OF THE CLERK
The Clerk apologised for having to postpone the meeting scheduled for 15 October 2007.
 
25. TRAFFIC CALMING
The Chairman reported upon discussions with Roger Gale M.P. and how she had expressed her concern that K.C.C. and C.P.R.E. had indicated that their funding allocation had been significantly reduced ant that they were not now able to allocate resources to traffic calming measures. Mr Gale having regard to the circumstances agreed that the Council had been treated badly and undertook to investigate the situation.
The Chairman undertook to submit to all Members a copy of the relevant report and a chronological sequence of the process that the Parish Council had followed in respect of this issue.
 
26. PLAY EQUIPMENT AND INSPECTIONS
The Chairman reported upon quotations received for the undertaking of remedial and safety works the play area at the Recreation Ground.
The Chairman also highlighted the deteriorating condition of the chain link fencing and the need to consider including an expenditure head for its replacement in the 2008/9 budget.
RESOLVED: (A) That it be agreed in principle to undertake repairs and safety works to the Play Area in accordance with the quotation received in the sum of £2500 but that in the first instance the Clerk refer this matter to Councillor Charles Hibberd to see whether he has funding available to meet this cost or part of it;
(B) Further consideration be given to the replacement of the chain link fencing when the budget is considered.
 
27. VILLAGE AND FINGER SIGN
Chairman reported that Mr David Hayfield had removed the finger sign, repaired it and replaced it in situ.
The Village sign was need of attention by a blacksmith and the Chairman would pass details to the Clerk to enable him to obtain quotations for its repair.
 
28. PLANNING AND RELATED MATTERS
(A) Reclamet Site – Council noted the proposals and expressed the view that the waste material generated by the proposals would be re-cycled; and
(B) The Greenhouses Development in Seamark Road – the Chairman reported that she had discussed this application with Roger Gale M.P. The M.P. expressed his view that the proposals would generate substantially more traffic problems for the Village and that KCC should be made aware of this when they consider the traffic calming measures further.
 
29. KENT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE
Councillor Inchley expressed his concern at the attitude of Infratil and their apparent lack of regard for the Villages or Thanet generally. There would be a public meeting at the end of November and John undertook to draft an item for the next issue of the Village Voice to inform the Village of the situation.
 
30. SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS AND FINANCIAL MATTERS Resolved: (A) that the under mentioned payments be made:
Cheque no         Payee and details                   Amount 
301               Ms Bransfield Chairman Expenses    17.04
302 & 304         previously used 
304               R Wade Salary & expenses          480.32
                  (Aug/Sept/Oct)
 
(B) The Clerk be authorised to attend the KAPC Finance Training Day on 29 October and to pay the appropriate course fee.
 
31. MEMBERS' REPORT
Cllr Inchley reported that a resident had expressed concern at the "Surgery Notice" that had appeared in the last edition of the Village Voice and Cllr Mrs O'Reilly said that she would reissue it in the next edition.
There followed a general discussion on the producing of the Village Voice and The chairman and Cllr Inchley are to discuss the matter and report back to Council.
The Chairman reported (A) that Mr David Stevens has entered photographs of Acol through the years on a website and a link to this has been added to the Parish Council website. (B) an ornamental tree be planted on the recreation ground in memory of Cllr Nick Lord and the Chairman agreed to first speak to Mrs Dawn Lord. (C) The Village Voice has been sent to outlying villagers. The Chairman had received an enquiry from Woodchurch concerning rats and she was able to pass on helpful information. The villager was pleased to be included in distribution of the Village Voice. (D) A burnt-out car had recently been dumped at the top of Acol Hill on a site popular with fly-tippers. Although outside the parish boundary the Chairman had reported it and it had been removed. (E) Complaints had been received concerning a willow tree overhanging a road sign and speed limit sign. The Clerk to contact the owner. (F) A leaflet had been received "Improving travelling" reporting £3m from KCC for keeping signs and lines in good order. The Chairman will make enquiries for Acol. (G) Pleased to be receiving the Adscene.
Cllr Miss Chesher-Brazier (A) The Clerk to advise Roxanne of the details of Radio Kent to allow her to give details of the programme of restoration being undertaken to the Manor. (B) The Cummins Development – the proposals were for the provision of additional portacabins; and (C) The Annual Bonfire – a resident had expressed concern that hedgehogs may be killed when the bon fire is lit. Cllr Inchley confirmed that all necessary consents and approvals had been received and that in future years arrangements would be put in place to ensure that hedgehogs are not put at risk.
 
32. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting would be held on 17 December 2007. 7.30 pm at the Village Hall